Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lamb Kebabs


I apologise profusely for my absence, I think there has been a conspiricy to keep me out of the kitchen lately. Firstly, my shifts have changed at work, and I now get home around 8:30pm, which although being better than the night shift it means I have no time to plan meals, and most importantly no desire to cook them! Secondly, my oven died. I was in the middle of making Nigellas Norwegian cinnamon buns and went to take them out after the 25 minutes stated, and found a gooey tepid warm mess. I left them in for another 40 minutes, still uncooked, when I realised the oven was barely warm. GRRRRR! It took 4 days and a repairmans visit to realise the fuse had blown ( I know, silly me). The only reassuring fact is that even if I had known it was the fuse, I would never have found it anyway- it was hidden behind some secret panel I never knew existed!
Back to Forever Summer. Spring is finally emerging in Quebec, and the snow is beginning to melt. I have my eye on some of those salads that I put off during the winter. My husband had been hinting very loudly that after my latest soup binge he was in NEED of meat. Lamb kebabs was an obvious choice. I marinaded the meat a good 24 hours, and we both loved the lemony overtone. I made Delias pilaf rice to go with it, an household favorite. I think the kebabs will be even better when made on the bbq this summer, served with a crisp green salad and jacket potato. Roll on BBQ season!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly-Jane said...

They look good, and Delia's rice too :)

Ovens have fuses? - that's a new one on me! Glad to hear it's all better now :)

KJXx

5:38 am  
Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

Yummy! Delia's rice looks great too!

4:56 am  
Blogger Maggie said...

They definitely say 'eat me'. I agree - roll on the BBQ season.

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home