Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dime Bar Ice Cream

You might be feeling a little deja-vu here, as Sarah and KJ have both recently made this ice cream. I shared Sarahs apprehension that I was going to find myself with a tub of vanilla with dime bar chips in it (listen to me! As if thats a terrible fate...). Lets just say that all the other ice cream flavours in the book have prepared me for the most delicious combinations possible. I stocked up on Dime bars during my last trip to Ikea (months ago) and hid them in the cupboard so as not to be tempted. In fact I hid them so well I forgot about them as they would never have survived as long otherwise! Nigella and I share the fact that we both used to be Dime bar addicts, and although I didn't become a pusher like her, I have relapses now and again...
The ice cream actually absorbs the flavour of the dime bars, making it slightly malty tasting. I LOVED it, and shall run to Ikea as fast as my little legs can carry me to stock up on more Dime bars!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly-Jane said...

Yours looks lovely, like your pretty plate too!

It is strange how the combination of vanilla ice cream and dime bar chips make it so much more. I think you are right there is a real caramel edge to the ice cream. Mmmm.

KJxx

11:54 am  
Blogger Maggie said...

This looks very tempting, I don't know whether we can get Dime Bars here in the UK at Ikea, I must have a look next time I go.

5:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of dime bars before, but that ice cream looks rather yummy!

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home