Spaghettini al Sugo Crudo

After bulldozering my way through so many delicious and flavoursome dishes, full of new ingredients, this recipe looked, dare I say it, boring! Pasta with tomatos, with a bit of parsley for good measure. I followed Nigellas advice and added a ball of buffallo mozzarella to jazz things up a bit, and however simple the recipe I still managed to mess up the garlic instructions. I had been itching to use my new Zyliss garlic press (the ikea one went to appliance & utensil heaven) , and was marvelling at it's smooth and effort free mechanism when I got to the following instruction : now fish out the slightly crushed garlic clove. Doh. We kept away the vampires that night!
Just a note: The recipe calls for 1kg of fabulous tomatoes- well they are very hard to come by here in Quebec, especially in the middle of winter. I halved the recipe and used vine tomatoes, the dish was ok- but I don't think I'll be making this again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home