Slut Red Raspberries in Chardonnay Jelly

I was brought up on jelly and have found myself defending it many a time to numerous sneering frenchmen and women who were fed this (and marmite sandwiches) during their foreign exchanges to the UK when they were teenagers. They appear traumatised by the memory, and although marmite I can understand, jelly I can't. It's to do with texture I think, but if they can eat mussels (see below) I don't see what the problem is.
Anyway back to the recipe. I found a good bottle of fruity chardonnay and gelatine sheets (hard to find here), put everything together and in the fridge to set. I made 3 with raspberries and 3 with mixed berries as I had a half a bag in the freezer that needed using up. They were FABULOUS - I loved them and consequently ate 2 more that night in front of old CSI reruns. I will be making these again, and have already squirrelled away the necessary gelatine leaves.

4 Comments:
You have convinced me to have a go. Beautiful photograph. What a title!
Only Nigella could create a title like that! Please do try this pudding- really delicious (and hide some in the fridge for later!)
I had always thought that this was a bit of a 'joke' pudding from Nigella, made up just so she could use the comedy name! However, I think you have managed to change my mind...! Your photo is stunning and you describe this so enthusiastically - I think I must go on the hunt for gelatine leaves now and give it a go!
it's worth the hunt Norm- so delicious- and only Nigella could get away with such a name!
Post a Comment
<< Home