Orange Cornmeal Cake

Although Nigella suggests this cake for pudding, served with berries and cream, we had it with tea over the holidays. It looks more burnt than it actually was in the picture but tasted fine- although a little crunchy from the cornmeal. This was a new cake ingredient for me as I've only ever used it for savoury recipes. I could have been more liberal with the orange oil too, as the flavour was 'mild' to say the least. No gold stars for this recipe, but we did manage to eat it all nonetheless!

2 Comments:
Hi Rachel
So was this recipe not one you'd recommend 100%? It looks nice! I've never tried it.
Have you tried the Mauritian prawn or the Keralan curry yet? I love both those. I've scrolled back, but can't see them.
Kathryn x
Hi Kathryn,
Actually I'd love someone else to try it, and tell me what they think! It was fine, but no wow factor ifkwim. I did the Mauritian prawn curry on Sept 19th, if you want to see, it was delicious. I still have the keralan one to do.
I went to check up on your progress with Jamie, and you're whizzing through! I love reading the narrative that does with the dishes, very entertaining.
Post a Comment
<< Home