Eastern Mediterranean Cheesecake

I couldn't find curd cheese, and I couldn't bring myself to use cottage cheese as the US version suggests, so I took a gamble with fromage frais, cream cheese and sour cream. The result was a perfect consistancy, with a lovely cinnamon crust. I couldn't really taste the orange blossom honey that I brought back from the UK, but no matter, as the orange blossom water more than made up for that! I don't think I added more than I was supposed too, but were I to make this again I would scale down the amount. A little too potent perhaps. It was a little strange not to have a base, not that one was needed though, just habit I suppose. My mums lemon and sultana German baked cheesecake still holds 1st place in my cheesecake world!


2 Comments:
I have made this cheesecake once and thought it was lovely. Can you get Quark in your shops? This is what I used as a substitute for curd cheese after much searching on the internet.
Gemma x
Hi Gemma,
I have found quark here, but would you believe 2 days after making this, I went to a different supermarket and found curd cheese! So if I make it again I have a both to choose from! It actually worked pretty well with the fromage frais. I especially love the cinnamony crust.
Post a Comment
<< Home