Blue Lagoon & Pomme Pomme

I've started drinking! Now I've never been one to mix a cocktail before dinner, or indulge in a favourite tipple during the day like Sue-Ellen; not for any moral reason just because I don't think of it. Our drinks cabinet is sparse, and we only drink when we have friends over for dinner or a special occasion. My husband, despite being French, is a bit of a feather weight where alcohol is concerned, and after a couple of glasses of wine invariably falls asleep and snores loudly. This week however I decided to advance in the drinks chapter. Now call me ignorant but the last thing I expected curacao to taste of is orange! I found this drink to be very potent, and we both declined a second one. I now have a huge bottle of the stuff thats going to gather dust in the cupboard. The Pomme Pomme on the other hand was highly addictive, and we both had two. I couldn't find apple schnapps here, so I used a locally produced iced cider, which is the Quebecois equivalent of schnapps with 10% alcohol. So far this is my favourite drink, with the peach gina just behind. 16 more to go!

4 Comments:
Ooh, at last, a use for the infamous blue cherries! You need one in your Blue Lagoon, I believe...
Ooh yes the height of kitsch! A little cocktail umbrella wouldn't go amiss either ;-)
Yes, that would look really...surreal! I have a memory of a blue drink in college that came with a plastic marlin (or was it a swordfish?). If I come upon any recipes that call for curacao, I'll send them your way!
Yes please! It's a huge bottle, and I wasn't overtly bowled over by the stuff. Looks like loo cleaner to me!
Post a Comment
<< Home