Sea Bass with Saffron, Sherry & Pine Nuts

Winter has officially arrived. On Friday the city turned to ice, and the snow started falling early Saturday morning. We had a guest from Ottawa to visit, and went to buy the 8ft christmas tree together. I've been cooking some warm weather recipes from Delias Christmas book and Feast to get us in the mood. So apologies for the little break. I went to the fishmongers for the bass, no bass... fresh cod fillets were suggested instead. I halved the recipe for the two of us and served it with wild rice. The sherry-plumped sultanas and toasted pinenuts made an interesting sweet, crunch effect, and the fish had absorbed the saffron flavour. After a recent discussion on saffron I invested some hard earned cash in the real stuff, not the dried hay smelling american saffron that's been in the cupboard for a year, but the spanish threads, that come in TINY boxes. Well worth it, in my humble opinion. Very tasty.

2 Comments:
Hi Rachel
I love this sort of dish - Moro and Casa Moro are full of them. I like all the ingredients and the whole ends up more than the sum of its parts. Mmm. And incredibly easy to make. Lovely pic!
I agree about saffron too - I bought mine from a deli in Spain and it is so delicious -
Kathryn/Spice x
Thanks Kathryn, I have the 2nd Moro book but haven't cooked from it yet- but I have seen some delicious recipes in there. I need to eat more fish, as I'm not too adventurous, and this is the best way to discover new flavours. I'm off to see what you've been up to with Jamie...
Rachel
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home