Moroccan Lamb and Caponata

Having done the turkey on the 10th I felt I could do what I liked for Christmas Eve. I chose my menu from Forever Summer as this book has become an important part of my year. I left the lovely New Zealand lamb for 24 hours in its heavenly aromatic ras el hanout and coriander marinade and made the caponata (minus the egg) just before we sat done to dinner. My husband chose a lovely Australian Merlot to go with the lamb, a perfect, delicous combination. We really enjoyed ourselves, and left just enough room for the anglo-italian trifle. As I was working on Christmas Day we opened our gifts at midnight, and then watched Joyeux Noel, a beautiful French film with Diane Kruger and Guillaume Canet. A perfect end to a perfect evening.
Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home