Vanilla Shortbread, Chocolate Peanut Squares & Coconut Slab

While we were in Europe my little friend Leonie (featured in the cupcake post) turned one! So we had a belated birthday party for her on Sunday. She's now walking and beginning to talk, it's incredible how fast they change. I made three recipes from Forever Summer and I think she prefered the coconut slab! I halved the recipe, as there were just 5 of us.

We finished with the decadent chocolate & peanut squares, similar to millionaires shortbead with added peanuts in the caramel layer. Very Rich, but delicious in tiny quantities. Lots left though. I sent them off with a doggy bag, and am thinking of taking some round to friends later, as their presence in the house is the ultimate threat to my waistline!

YUM!

1 Comments:
That all looks delicious! I've always wanted to make the peanut-squares but was afraid of burning myself, lol.
I've been flicking through FS a lot lately, trying to make a list of healthy summer food. So far my list includes 7 ice-creams, 3 cocktails and now the peanut squares! LOL.
Keep up the good work,
xox Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home