Rhubarb Fool

Well I love a fool. I hadn’t eaten one for years so was quite excited about this pudding. I admit at this point that I used frozen rhubarb, as it’s not the season, and when it is I only seem to find rather wilting specimens with little pink. Once the rhubarb had roasted with the vanilla sugar I noticed I didn’t have even 100ml of juices let alone the 500ml required to make the syrup. I’m sure this is to do with the fact I used frozen fruit. I pureed what I had, and folded the fruit into the whipped cream- bliss! There was some leftover that we had the next day- and it was even better! The flavour had really permeated the cream, creating a really heavenly pudding. I’m looking forward to making the gooseberry fool, and shall make it a day in advance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home