Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Puy Lentil, Goat's Cheese & Mint Salad


Well this one is certainly not going to win a pretty picture award, but let me reassure you it tastes really good. I made the mistake of not buying the proper goats cheese, going for the (cheaper) log rather than the crottin de chavignol, and it turned into a paste rather than a crumbled, more aesthetically pleasing, effect. I wasn't too sure what to do with the onion and garlic cloves once the lentils were cooked, as it wasn't specified, so I left them in the salad. I also couldn't find sweet peppers in olive oil, they all seem to be preserved in vinegar, so I drained them and then soaked them in olive oil for a couple of hours to reduce the acidic taste. Delicious with some freshly baked sesame bread.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever of you! Here is another recipe I don't recall, so will go get my book. I think I have all the ingredients to make this, thanks for the inspiration.

8:15 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Go for it, Lisa, truely delicious. Husbands reactions was 'what? Lentil's again??? a ate it all without another peep!

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home