Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chilled Caramelised Oranges with Greek Yogurt



It's so nice to be back in the kitchen after 3 weeks away, and after everything we ate in Europe a detox would probably be on the agenda if I didn't have this blog (thank god I have this blog!). We had such a fantastic time and spent lots of quality time with friends and family.

In need of a bit of vitamin C to attack the cold wintery weather that welcomed us back to Canada, this recipe appealed to me. Very quick and simple to make, although I'll make a little less syrup next time, as it took quite a while to crunch our way through that sugar layer. I loved the hint of cardamon- that I wasn't quick enough to fish out before the caramel set!

Below are some of the treasures we devoured (or wished to) in Paris...

fluorescent macaroons

Caramelised apple with macaroon base, Laduree

Macaroon christmas tree, Laduree


pistachio & raspberry cake (my favourite)


chocolate charlotte made by moi!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

Fantastic pics Rachel! Welcome home!

7:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've wanted to make those oranges FOREVER (summer). They look beautiful, as do all your luscious finds/creations in Paris. Let me guess: Pierre Herme? And a charlotte, and...is the rectangular one a clafoutis?
Fabu pics!!

8:56 pm  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Mmmm!! French shops really know how to display food.

I haven't made those oranges either - I don't know why - now I want to as they look delicious!

I love Forever Summer and have done most of the fish recipes and the starters, but very few desserts other than ice cream. You are inspiring me - when will you start knocking up the cocktails??

Glad to see you back blogging - I love to read about FS!
Kathryn

2:21 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for the welcome back! I've added some descriptions to the pictures to help you out. You were very close, Lisa, re macaroon origins, but I found them in a little boulangerie near the Marais. My only regret was that I didn't have time to eat a falafal Rue des Rosiers- next time!

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home