Monday, October 09, 2006

Gammon with Pineapple Salsa


It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, and although I'm working throughout the weekend I thought I'd do a ham (for the first time) on friday night. I'll keep the turkey and effort for Christmas time. My mother used to do gammon regularly when I was little, often served with broad beans or cheesy leeks, I opted for the latter as it was one of my favourite dishes. The pineapple salsa was very tasty, and very refreshing. Now I've practised, I'll do the intriguing ham in coke next time that I've heard so much about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I have come to your Blog via Ilana's one. What a great blog!

I have cooked a lot from FS and it is a trip down memory lane to see the ones I have made and great to see all the other new to me ones!

Great job!
Kelly-Jane

3:33 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks KJ!
I'm finding it really satisfying when people say they are inspired to dig out the book and try an overlooked recipe, or a forgotten favoutite. Thanks for visiting.

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home