Friday, September 01, 2006

White Chocolate Almond Cake


A friend from the Delia site came all the way from Ottawa to see me today, and I thought this cake sounded perfect for afternoon tea. I made it last night and to my horror it immediately started puffing up like a soufflé, and then 'tanned' considerably. I quickly covered with foil and added an extra 35 mins to the cooking time as it was wobbling like a jelly all over the place at the designated 40 minute mark. I let it cool and hoped it would develop over night. I covered the 'tan' with a liberal shaking of icing sugar, prepared the raspberry & mango salsa to serve with, and served up. Well I don't know if my oven or the recipe is at fault because it was...a bit disappointing. I couldn't taste the 175g white chocolate I put in at all and it was a bit 'eggy.' I'd really love someone who's made this before tell me how their cake turned out. My oven can be dodgy at times, but still...after an hour and a quarter it should be cooked properly!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh dear! I've never made this one before. I don't like 'eggy' cakes either......dare I risk it? We'll see, LOL

5:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home