Saturday, September 23, 2006

Roasted Quinces


You should have seen me last week prowling around all the fruit shops in my area, hunting for quinces. I even contacted a very nice & helpful lady, Michelle, who I found through Google to help me on my quest. She pointed me in the right direction, and I came home with a couple of lovely specimens. From that fruitshop onwards, I saw them everywhere, at largely varying prices. I quartered the recipe, as I couldn't bring myself to use a kilo of sugar (!) . I have to admit that I hadn't cooked quinces before, so was not sure what to expect...well I discovered another fabulous ingredient, hugely fragrant and a delicious texture, highlighted by the creamy mascarpone. Michelle also mentioned that around Christmas time she puts a couple around her home as they give off a lovely scent, I love this idea and will be trying it this winter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, they look wonderful. I love quinces & have enjoyed this recipe. Also, Nigella has a quince brandy in HTBADG that you might like -- it's nice for the holidays, & looks pretty in the wire-bail jar :).

10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home