Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Rice Paper Rolls


I have a friend from Laos who tried to explain to me how to make these, as we were making our way through the most amazing buffet her sister had prepared for her baby shower. Mountains of food, so different from what you usually see on offer in local Thai or Vietnamiese restaurants. The flavours were so much more pronounced, that I went out the next day to get a Thai cookbook, convinced I would master these dishes in no time. The book is still sitting there, gathering a little dust, as I find the whole rolling process a little daunting. That is until Nigella suggested just making simple ones, no tucking under, just rolling up, as you would with a swiss roll. Easy Peasy! I made the Vietnamese dipping sauce from the prawn and black rice dish, as it was so gorgeous. They made a perfect starter for my dinner party this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

They look great! And you make it sound so easy. I love that ruffle dish!

7:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home