Pappardelle with Courgettes, Sultanas & Pinenuts

After an intense session at the gym I was in need of a carb fest and felt like pasta. My local Stokes shop is selling the most fabulous pumpkin orange coloured ceramic serving dishes from Portugal, pasta, lasagna, salad bowls for nearly nothing (unfortunatly not shown on the website). I picked up the pasta dish which is huge... and holds at least 4-6 servings. I shall be adding to my collection so watch this space!
The pasta itself was very easy to make, I sweated the courgettes with garlic for about 40 minutes, while the sultanas steeped in the marsala, then quickly dry roasted the pinenuts and tossed everything together, and added the parsely & parmesan. Very good, with interesting flavours, and i'd never used pasta & sultanas in the same sentence before!

3 Comments:
Oooh yum. This pasta, out of all the other ones in FS, do I imagine would go down so well on a hot hot night in the garden. Unfortunately I don't have a garden, but the dish is lovely just the same.
I too never combined zucchini, sultanas and pasta before. YUM!
That looks tasty! Have you ever tried the pasta dish w/chicken "from the Venetian ghetto" from How to Eat? Sultanas & pinenuts, it's delicious!
Thanks Ilana & Lisa....This was really delicious, and I'll go and look up that HTE one, thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment
<< Home