Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mint Julep Peaches


I have to say I'm very proud of this picture and how the dish turned out. I took a certain liberty by replacing the bourbon with amaretto, as I'm really not too keen on it. Amaretto on the other hand I can find lots of uses for, cooking or glugging now and then ;o)

These tasted fabulous, even though I couldn't find the white flesh variety of peaches. I doubt the flavour varies that much once they have been poached in the syrup and alcohol. They were spectacular to look at, and I did admire them a bit too long before the other half asked me what was taking so long! Another favourite, and I'm running out of superlatives... going to have to dust of my thesaurus one of these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oooo, they do look fab!! I was struck by the photo! I can just picture you gazing at the plate until you were rousted by a hungry mate!

9:20 pm  
Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

Amazing! How beautiful they look !!

9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home