Chocolate & Raspberry Pavlova

Well I was nervous. I'd never made a pav before, and my oven is temperamental at the best of times. I followed the instructions exactly and held my breath. The result was spectacular... a dinner party dessert to be proud of! The meringue shell was crispy, the middle was chewy and the whipped cream and fresh raspberries formed a lovely contrast. I know I shall be making this again for when I have a few mouths to feed. I took a picture of the meringue, in case it collapsed to rubble when I inverted it.


2 Comments:
Congratulations Rachel! This looks delicious. My first (and only) attempt at this, my first ever pavlova was an absolute disaster!!
I first made this pav this summer for World Cup Final match TV session with friends... and it really looked like your picture!
I loved it (as did everyone else, except my husband who does not like meringue at all...)
Post a Comment
<< Home