Spare Ribs

Sheets of spare ribs are easy to find here, but I've always been a bit dismissive. The few times I've eaten them, I've found myself gnawing on a bone with a bit of grizzle attached, and sticky fingers to boot. I asked my husband to pick a recipe for the weekend and the book opened at this page. He pointed at the glistening pile of ribs and said 'that one' (anyone thinking Andy from Little Britain at the petshop?!) I digress... So spare ribs it was. I made the marinade the night before (note to self: next time check there is no hole in the freezer bag, soy sauce stains badly). I served them with a sweet potato purée and they were Finger Licking Good! The two of us scoffed the lot, making a real mess as we went, and I suggest you don't eat these with guests unless you have no inhibitions whatsoever!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home