Sunday, August 27, 2006

Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds


I've made this a few times before, mainly for picnic food. I was looking for something to go with the Rainbow Carrots for a light supper and these noodles were perfect. I toasted the sesame seeds a bit before so they were all crunchy and the flavour was even more enhanced. One of my favourite dishes so far...

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna's kitchen table said...

This dish is a firm favourite in our house, made regularly. In fact my teenage daughter makes it too - without the spring onions and sesame seeds and it is STILL delicious!

6:58 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

anna, if you are avoiding the spring onions because of the 'bo breath' syndrone may I suggest the handy tip I picked up from the feta & watermelon salad, that iss soaking the onions in lemon or lime juice for 20mins or so- this takes away that overwhelming taste that stays for hours.

3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home